The approximate 5-acre estate, located on the eastern shore of Lake Taneycomo, was built as a tribute to best-selling romance novelist Janet Dailey by her husband Bill to mark the success of her novel "Masquerade" in the early 1990s. Janet's muse for Belle Rive was a mansion she discovered in St. Francisville, LA. Not wanting to leave their beloved Branson, Bill recreated the features of the southern mansion that Janet loved, and married the design with contemporary amenities and luxuries.
Janet would go on to write many novels in her home office, surrounded by floor to ceiling windows overlooking the veranda, her gardens and the picturesque lake. For anyone who has ever dreamed of living in the home that inspired this acclaimed novelist, now is that opportunity.
The estate includes the main home with approximately 12,000 square feet on three levels, guest house, office/commercial building, tennis court, pool with cabana and an expansive lawn sloping to the scenic water's edge. Parcel 1 contains main home, carriage house and guest cottage and is 5.1+/-acres. Parcel 2 contains the office/commercial building with its own drive and parking lot on .4+/0 acres.
- 12,000+/-sf Main Home with 4 large bedrooms, 5 baths with sweeping staircase leading to beautiful living room opening to veranda with views of the lake
- 3 bedroom 2 bath 1,120+/-sf Guest Cottage plus 1,120+/- sf finished basement
- 3,200+/-sf Office Building includes 5 multi-purpose rooms and 2.5 baths
- Pool is 20’ x 40’ with 180+/-sf cabana with shower and bath
- Tennis Courts with covered sitting area
- Expansive grounds to lake
- 800+/sf Carriage house
- Furnishings on property on auction day will convey with the real estate
- Taxes: $8,933 (’10)
- Electric: Empire District
- Sewer: Taney County Sewer
- Water: Private well
Directions: From intersection of SR-465, and US-65: S on US-65 3.7mi to Bus-65. S on Bus-65 1.8mi to MO-76. N 1.4mi to Lake Shore Dr., then N (straight) onto Lake Shore Dr .5mi to property on W side of road.
MO Broker: Dean C. Williams Re Lic 2002028398
Thomas L. Williams Auc Lic 8289 Platte
Williams & Williams Worldwide Real Estate Auction
7120 S. Lewis Ave, Suite 200
Williams & Williams Marketing Services, Inc. All rights reserved.
Williams & Williams Worldwide Real Estate Auctions
Real Estate Auction
is a Tulsa, Oklahoma
that is licensed and operating in all 50 states and Puerto
Rico. Since 1905, Williams & Williams has created real estate auctions that
are open, honest and result in real value. Generating over $2 billion in sales annually
and operating in all 50 states positions Williams & Williams as the premier
brand in real estate auction. Only Williams & Williams has integrated, multi-platform
auction strategies that deliver live competitive bidding between qualified buyers
– in person, online, and via phone.